Fitness Center Hours Of Operation:
5:00am – 10:00pm Daily
Reopening Phase 1 Rules:
- We encourage each of you to wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant that you touch before and after use.
- The fitness center will not be manned by staff, but periodic random visits will occur throughout the day to ensure proper social distancing is taking place.
- By opening the fitness center, you understand this is a group effort for ALL the residents to work together. If the Social/physical Distancing rules are not followed, we will have no other choice than to shut down.
- The fitness center will be cleaned and sanitized nightly after closing.
- At this phase of opening, there will be no group fitness classes allowed in the Aerobics Room, only personal training.
- There are no guests allowed.
- One must be 16 years of age to enter the fitness center unless they have completed the Fitness Orientation with Stacey and they must have their pass with them.
- Some equipment has been disabled to aid in social distancing, thank you for your cooperation by not tampering with them.
- Use of the Fitness Center is at Your Own Risk.
Teen Fitness Orientation Class
Saturday, June 6th, 9am – 10am
Is your teen ages 14/15 and interested in working out in the fitness center? They must attend a teen class first to obtain their entry badge. They will be allowed to use the gym on their own at completion
Please have your teen wear athletic clothes. Sign up required! Only 10 teens per class. To Sign up email – Staceyspt@gmail.com
Babysitting Safety Certification Course
St. Johns Golf and Country Club is hosting an outdoor Babysitting Safety Certification Course for youth ages 11-16 that is a little different this time! In an effort to reduce the classroom time due to coronavirus concerns, we are using Safety First CPR’s blended learning format. Upon registering, students will be emailed a fun and interactive online course to complete at home at their convenience prior to the class date of Thurs, June 11, 6:00-7:30p, which will be at the Poolside Cabana while social distancing to practice the hands-on skills.
Full information and online registration is at www.june11babysitting.eventbrite.com. This is a small class; first come first served. Cost is $50/participant and upon successful completion, students will earn an official Babysitting Safety Certification from the American Safety and Health Institute.
SJGCC Summer Camp Update:
I know that many of you are anxious to have our regular summer camp up and running yesterday, but rest assured we are on working hard to get all the details and staff in place. We are looking at a July 6th start day at this time.
I will have updated information as soon as it is confirmed. Here are some of the details so that you can plan appropriately:
Start Date: Monday, July 6th
Camp will run from: July 6th – August 7th (5 Weeks)
Ages: 5-11 (Must have completed Kindergarten)
Effective Tuesday, June 2nd the new pool hours will be:
POOL HOURS UNTIL JUNE 2nd:
The use of the pools is at your own risk. Everyone’s responsible behavior is necessary to keep the pools open during Phase One. Parents, please maintain careful control of your children while at the pool.
Tuesday-Sunday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Monday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Tuesday – Sunday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Current COVID-19 Facility Rules:
- There will still be no guests allowed at this time.
- Residents MUST have their access card with them to enter the Swim Club. We will have a gate monitor during certain hours of operation, so please be prepared to show proof of residency.
- The pool will be limited to the amount of residents allowed to enter in order to help maintain safe and proper social distancing.
- There will be no rentals allowed on the pool deck or meeting room at this time.
- We ask everyone to respectively socially distance themselves.
- If you are not respectfully socially distancing, you may be asked to leave the premises.
- The bathrooms and entryway areas will be cleaned and disinfected nightly.
If you do not currently have an updated access card please contact the amenity office manager at 904-599-9093 or email her at email@example.com
Please be aware of our pool policy,
“If You Can Hear It, Clear It”
When it comes to thunder and lightning at the pool.
SJGCC Youth Sports Camp
Virtual School is DONE…Time to get the kids outside and out of your hair. Stacey’s Personal Training is offering a month-long sports camp ALL outdoors. We welcome children ages 6-11 years old who live in SJGCC to attend. Activities will include a wide variety of fun sports such as basketball, flag football, soccer, wiffle ball, kickball…etc. JT Larson is my head camp counselor. He has been a camp counselor at SJGCC for over 5 years now and is looking forward to this camp!
- Camp is Monday-Friday 9am-noon. Please no late pickups.
- Kids will be divided into 2 groups. 6-8 years old & 9-11 years old.
- You can sign up for as many weeks as you would like.
- The cost is $115 per child per week. Payment is due Friday before the 1st day of camp.
- Payments can be made via Paypal, Venmo, Check or Cash. (See below for more info)
- Drop off and pick up with be at the picnic tables by the playgrounds.
- Please send your child with a snack and a water bottle (we will have a cooler with extra water).
- Have your child wear athletic clothes, hat and sunscreen.MORE INFORMATION & SIGN UP
Family Movies Under the Stars is BACK!
Join us for our special,
Hello Summer Movie Night
Featuring the Movie, The Call Of The Wild!
Friday, June 19th at 8:30pm/ Dusk
Update May 2, 2020
To all Residents of St Johns Golf and Country Club
(Sampson Creek Community Development District aka SCCDD)
As restrictions are being lifted with regards to the Covid–19 issues the Amenity staff is working with District staff and with the Chairman of the Board to make preparations to open the Fitness Center and Swimming Pool. During the “period of shut down” The basketball courts, athletic field, playground and tennis courts remained open. These areas remained open because everyone maintained proper protocol when present at these areas.
On Tuesday May 5th at 10am the SCCDD Board will convene to discuss protocol for reopening the fitness center and the swimming pool once these areas are deemed appropriate to be opened. We know that when the pool reopens it will be without lifeguards for a short period of time as the Contractor for lifeguard services furloughed their employees and they will have to re-staff. This means when the pool and splash pad reopen, it will be done without the use of the slide. State Law requires a lifeguard on duty when the slide is in use.
I know that that I speak for the Board, District Staff and Amenity Staff when I say thank you for everyone’s patience and understanding during this unprecedented period of time.
Chair Sampson Creek Community Development District
Maggiano’s is BACK!
Wednesday, May 27th
Maggiano’s is bringing their homemade Italian favorites back to SJGCC and there is NO delivery fee!
Our Neighborhood Delivery Menu has been attached and remember nothing travels better than Italian food.
If you are interested, please contact them at (904)380-4360.
When placing your order please provide your name, phone number and let them know you are part of the St. Johns Golf Community.
They would like to have all orders confirmed by Tuesday, May 26th at 5pm
You will be able to pick up your order at the Amenity Center parking area at your designated time. Please reach out to them with any question